Upsite Technologies respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our Web site. The policy is intended to describe how your personal information is processed and used, and we will make every effort to ensure that our activities keep within the spirit of this policy. Please note that by visiting and using our Web site, you are accepting the practices described in policy. Furthermore, this policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
What information is Upsite Technologies gathering about site visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. upsite.com) and an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the Upsite Technologies Web site, our Web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
• The IP address of the site that may have referred you.
• Your IP address.
• The Web page that you may have linked to us from, if any.
• The product identifier for version and browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 6.0).
• The operating system platform that you may be running (e.g. Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
• Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or Lycos).
To these ends, we may merge information about visitors and visits into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis; however, we will not disclose your individual identity or personally identifiable data without your permission. When we do present aggregated information to outside companies, no one will be able to identify you or contact you.
What information do we collect through online ordering?
When you order from us, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card number (with expiration date).
How do we use this information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out email and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free shipping or discounted products) on our site.
What about cookies?
What other information does Upsite Technologies request?
Registered users provide personal information including name, address, and e-mail address. Additionally, registered users have the opportunity to sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from Upsite Technologies. If you opt-in to receive emails from Upsite Technologies, you will receive periodic emails related to company events, products and services. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may click the "Modify Profile" link (displayed when logged in only) and uncheck the "Please email me news and product information" checkbox. This will remove your email address from the distribution list. Upsite Technologies keeps all such information strictly confidential and does not reuse, resell or redistribute it in any way. Upsite Technologies maintains a strict "No Spam" policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party, without your consent.
Upsite Technologies's commitment to children's privacy.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information at our Web site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Web site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Will Upsite Technologies disclose the information collected to third parties?
Upsite Technologies will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessarry to:
• Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Upsite Technologies.
• Protect and defend the rights or property of Upsite Technologies, or visitors of Upsite Technologies.
• Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
• Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
• Upsite Technologies may also provide "links" to other Web sites on the Internet. We cannot control and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other Web sites. We strongly urge you to check with those web sites to determine their policies.