The HotLok® Blanking Panel is a snap-in blanking panel that seals the rack 29% better than the nearest competitor and helps you identify hotspots within minutes of installation. The cabinet temperatures are indicated in color-coded ranges, depending on location of temperature strip panel. The state-of-the-art technology, designed for both 1U and 2U openings, controls airflow for optimized cooling effectiveness.
HotLok® Blanking Panel with Temperature Strip is Upsite’s latest green solution for energy savings and reducing the carbon footprint of data centers.
Both 1U and 2U configured versions achieve the following:
- Reduce hotspots and bypass airflow by preventing equipment exhaust air or hot-aisle air from migrating to the conditioned air-intake stream at the front of the cabinet
- Deliver lower temperature conditioned air to the upper one-third of the cabinet, typically the hottest area and most prone to equipment failure
- Control airflow to save energy by adjusting cooling unit setpoints
Identify temperatures within a particular range, accurate to within +/- 1° C:
- Blue: Recommended Operating Range based on recommendations from ASHRAE
- Yellow: Allowable Operating Range based on equipment manufacturers’ recommendations for Class 1 IT equipment
- Red: Outside Allowable Operating Range, indicates a definite risk