Blanking Panel with Temperature Strip – 1U
The HotLok® Blanking Panel is a snap-in blanking panel that seals the rack 29% better than the nearest competitor and helps you identify hotspots within minutes of installation. The cabinet temperatures are indicated in color-coded ranges, depending on the location of temperature strip panel. The state-of-the-art technology, designed for both 1U and 2U openings, controls airflow for optimized cooling effectiveness.
HotLok Blanking Panel with Temperature Strip is Upsite’s latest green solution for energy savings and reducing the carbon footprint of data centers.
10035 1U 19″ (482.5mm) Black Blanking Panel w/ Temperature Strip
MSRP: $135.00 (carton of 10)
Learn about all of our Rack Airflow Management solutions.
Get our HotLok Products brochure.
Airflow Management Awareness Month
Both 1U and 2U configured versions achieve the following:
- Reduce hotspots and bypass airflow by preventing equipment exhaust air or hot-aisle air from migrating to the conditioned air-intake stream at the front of the cabinet
- Deliver lower temperature conditioned air to the upper one-third of the cabinet, typically the hottest area and most prone to equipment failure
- Control airflow to save energy by adjusting cooling unit set points
Identify temperatures within a particular range, accurate to within +/- 1° C:
- Blue: Recommended Operating Range based on recommendations from ASHRAE
- Yellow: Allowable Operating Range based on equipment manufacturers’ recommendations for Class 1 IT equipment
- Red: Outside Allowable Operating Range, indicates a definite risk
- Cantilevered sealing vanes eliminate the gap between adjoining Blanking Panels or with installed equipment
- Tool-free, snap-in installation requires no additional parts or components for installation
- Easy-pull removal for any EIA-310-E standard openings using ergonomically designed finger grips
- 1U Panels stack 10 high and 2U Panels stack 20 high for easy storage and ready availability
- Upsite® Temperature Strip color-coded temperature ranges indicates potential hotspots by color based on ASHRAE Standard
- HotLok Blanking Panels with Temperature Strips are a prerequisite to all cooling configurations best practices including hot and cold aisle containment
- Use 1U and 2U versions on cabinets with standard 19-inch rail widths (483 millimeters)
- Use with any standard EIA-310-E openings
- Use version with Temperature Strips to determine the temperature at that position in the cabinet or install throughout to determine the range of temperatures from the top to the bottom of the cabinets
- Use in a Hot and Cold Aisle layout for low or high heat density cabinets
- Use in existing cabinets for optimization and standardization